• Delay-line shaping for energy and time spectroscopy with scintillation detectors
• Ideal for n–gamma discrimination by pulse-shape analysis
• Excellent high-counting rate performance
• Optimum timing capabilities
• Selectable integration time constants
The ORTEC Model 460 Delay Line Shaping Amplifier is intended for energy and time spectroscopy with scintillation detectors. It can also be used with proportional counters, semi-conductor detectors, and position-sensitive proportional counters. Its delay-line-shaped output signal is particularly well-suited for high-counting rate and timing applications. This particular type of output signal offers a more rapid baseline recovery than is possible with semi-Gaussian shaping amplifiers. The Model 460 provides excellent timing capabilities, either for leading-edge or zero-crossing timing techniques, particularly when it is used with an ORTEC Model 552 Pulse-Shape Analyzer/Timing Single-Channel Analyzer. Double-delay-line shaping exhibits less timing jitter when compared with either the classical RC-shaping network or active-filter networks, primarily due to the fast rise time and fall time of the double-delay-line shaped output pulse.