• Ideal for microchannel plate detectors, microchannel plate photomultiplier tubes, channeltrons, fast silicon photodiodes, and fast photomultiplier tubes
• Accepts input pulse widths from 400 ps to 5 ns, and pulse amplitudes from –50 mV to –5 V
• Time slewing <±20 ps from –150 mV to –1.5 V
• Optimized internal pulse shaping eliminates cable adjustment
• One TTL output and two fast negative NIM timing outputs
• Threshold adjustable from –25 mV to –1 V
The ORTEC Model 9307 pico-TIMING Discriminator defines the arrival time of analog pulses from ultra-fast detectors with picosecond precision. Moreover, this superb performance is delivered over an extremely wide range of pulse heights with negligible influence of pulse amplitude on the timing output. With the Model 9307, the difficult task of adjusting pulse-shaping cables has been eliminated. The internal pulse shaping in the pico-TIMING Discriminator is optimum for single-photon or single-ion time measurements with microchannel plate detectors, microchannel plate photomultiplier tubes (PMTs), channeltrons, fast photomultiplier tubes, and fast silicon photodiodes.