• For use with photomultiplier tubes, microchannel plates, proportional counters, and Geiger-Mueller tubes
• 0 to ±3 kV
• 0 to 10 mA
• Digital meter reads output voltage or current
• Overload and short-circuited protected
• External control of output voltage
• 115 or 230 V ac, 47 to 63 Hz input power
The ORTEC Models 556 and 556H High-Voltage Power Supplies provide the noise-free, well-regulated, very stable high voltage necessary for proper operation of photomultipliers, ionization chambers, semiconductor detectors, electron multipliers, and many other devices. The Model 556 is housed in a double-width NIM module (per DOE/ER-0457T). The Model 556H is a stand-alone instrument designed for bench-top operation. The low-noise output is continuously adjustable from ±10 to ±3000 V dc with 0 to 10 mA load current. Noise on the output is <15 mV peak-to-peak, thereby ensuring the highest performance in high-resolution, semiconductor or scintillation spectroscopy systems.