• Two independent bias supplies in a single module for germanium and silicon radiation detectors
• 0–5 kV or 0–500 V at 0–100 µA
• Remote shutdown feature compatible with ORTEC and TTL outputs from warmup sensors on germanium radiation detectors
• Reset safety feature on remote shutdown minimizes risk of preamplifier FET damage
• Selected output polarity indicated before bias voltage is turned on
• Automatic overload protection and overload indicator
The ORTEC Model 660 Dual 5-kV Radiation Detector Bias Supply contains two independently adjustable power supplies for furnishing the bias voltage to germanium radiation detectors, silicon radiation detectors, or ionization radiation chambers. It can be used with any radiation detector that draws less than 100 µA of current, and whose gain is insensitive to the applied voltage. The output voltages are continuously adjustable from zero to full scale with calibrated and locking 5-turn dials. Each supply provides two outputs controlled by the same dial: a 0 to 5 kV output, and a 0 to 500 V output. Two 10-segment bar-graph indicators verify that the selected voltages are being supplied at the outputs.