• For amplification of signals with very fast rise times from microchannel plates, photomultiplier tubes, and silicon detectors
• ≤1 ns rise time
• Output drives –5 V into 50 Ω
• Compact preamplifier box for operation close to the signal source
• ≤20 µV rms equivalent input noise
• Gain of (A) 200, (B) –200, or (C) 20
The Model VT120 Fast-Timing Preamplifier is a high-performance, wide-bandwidth preamplifier designed for boosting very fast linear signals from microchannel plates, photomultipliers, electron multipliers, silicon detectors, and other detectors used in fast timing applications. The rise time on all versions is <1 ns with a 5-V output, enabling excellent timing resolution.