• Constant-fraction timing with fast SCA pulse height selection
• Excellent time resolution over a wide range of pulse amplitudes with scintillation and semiconductor detectors
• Differential, integral, constant- fraction, and slow-rise-time reject modes
• Upper- and lower-level thresholds adjustable from –30 mV to –5 V
• Time walk ≤±75 ps over 100:1 dynamic range
• Adjustable output pulse width
The ORTEC Model 583B Constant-Fraction Differential Discriminator is a versatile, and high-performance unit suitable for the most exacting applications in timing spectroscopy. When operated in the Differential Mode, the Model 583B is ideal for use with fast scintillators and photomultiplier tubes. The dual discriminator levels allow this unit to function as a fast single-channel analyzer (SCA) in a fast-timing coincidence system, thus eliminating the need for separate slow-energy side channels. When used in the Integral Mode, the Model 583B is ideal for use with large-volume HPGe detectors and silicon charged-particle detectors operated in the traditional fast/slow coincidence system.