• For time spectroscopy in the range from 10 ns to 2 ms
• Valid Start and Valid Conversion outputs
• Selectable output delay and width
• Output synchronized with a stop or external strobe signal
• Provision to reject unwanted start input signals
• Positive or negative input signals
The ORTEC Model 566 Time-to-Amplitude Converter (TAC) measures the time interval between pulses to its start and stop inputs and generates an analog output pulse proportional to the measured time. Timing experiments requiring time ranges from 10 ns to 2 ms may be performed, giving the experimenter flexibility in analyzing random nuclear events that occur within a selected time range. Time ranges from 50 ns to 2 ms are provided via the front-panel controls.