In-Situ High Purity Germanium Gamma Spectroscopy for Portable Isotopic Neutron Spectroscopy Systems.”
The trans-SPEC-N is an N-type HPGe gamma-ray spectrometer with everything needed in a single easy-to-handle package. There is no requirement for liquid nitrogen and no long cables. Everything is complete in one package and ready for use.
- No LN2 — Miniature, high-reliability, "run for ever" Stirling-cycle cooler eliminates the need for LIQUID NITROGEN; detector element is encapsulated in high reliability, low loss, all-metal sealed cryostat.
- Neutron Damage Resistance — N-type HPGe detector.
- Large Energy Range — 40 keV to 11 MeV energy range for higher energy prompt gammas from neutron interactions.
- High Sensitivity — Large (>40% relative efficiency) HPGe detector.
- High Stability — Digital electronics give you the solution for the toughest analysis in the toughest conditions.
- Bright and Clear — VGA resolution display with touch sensitive operator screen.
- All-in-one Integrated Package — Rugged and compact with no interconnections — easy to setup and go.
- Smart — Nuclide ID and activity calculation for nine Regions of Interest (ROI).
- Well Connected — USB 2.0 and Wireless 802.11 Communications, built-in GPS, and Secure Digital Input/Output (SDIO) storage of acquired spectra.
- Flexible — A variety of power sources can be used, including internal battery, supplemental external battery, automobile battery (any 12 V dc), and line power; all with automatic switchover.
- Neutron Gamma Spectroscopy
- Chemical Waste Assay
- Chemical Warfare Identification
- Explosives Identification