• An Intelligent High Voltage Supply for HPGe Detectors
• Provides Detector State-of-Health (SOH) Information
• Security Function Allows Use of Authentication Codes
• Rugged Housing to Protect Electronics
The SMART-1 option for ORTEC HPGe detectors is a major enhancement to operational quality assurance and to data and chain-of-custody integrity. It is supported directly through MAESTRO MCA Emulation software which is supplied with the digiDART, digiDART-LF, DSPEC-jr-2.0, DSPEC-LF, DSPEC-Pro, DSPEC-50, and DSPEC-502 digital nuclear multichannel analyzer systems. For other multichannel analyzers, the SMART-INTERFACE provides the same control as the SMART-1.
The SMART-1 HPGe detector includes the high voltage supply, so an external high voltage power supply is not required. The SMART-1 HPGe detector monitors and reports on vital system functions and the SMART-1 identification serial number can be read by the instrument. For more security it can save authentication codes and report the code at a later time.
ORTEC SMART-1 HPGe detectors monitor the following conditions:
• Preamplifier +24 and +12 V values (read-only)
• Detector element temperature (read-only)
• Detector high voltage value (read-only)
• Detector high voltage state (on/off)
• Detector overload state (read-only)
• Detector HV shutdown state (read-only)
• Detector serial number (read-only)
• Detector authentication code (read/write)
These parameters are displayed as required on the LCD display of the attached instrument or computer (local or remote).
The SMART-1 is housed in a rugged ABS molded plastic enclosure. The SMART-1 is permanently attached to the detector endcap via a molded, strain-relieved sealed cable. This eliminates the possibility that the detector will suffer severe damage from moisture leaking into the high voltage connectors. The SMART-1 can be positioned in any convenient place and does not interfere with shielding or other mounting hardware.