ICS is available in two versions to support a wide selection of radiation detector models.
ICS and ICS-E models
incorporate a unique, hardened cryostat, for superior integrity, reliability, and operational performance. This feature allows instant recovery after a loss of power, eliminating the need to fully thermal cycle the detector in the event of a partial warm-up.
ICS-P4 (PopTop® model)
, uses a conventional cryostat, which provides full compatibility with ORTEC PopTop radiation detector capsules, and can be used with either new radiation detectors or in-field upgrades.
All ICS versions are highly reliable, maintenance free, mechanically cooled cryostats that deliver superior performance for HPGe radiation detectors. Using Sunpower’s industry proven Stirling cooler, ICS is more efficient and reliable than Pulse Tube designs. Increased efficiency means improved cooling with proportionally less heat generation and lower power consumption. With a cooler Mean-Time-To-Failure (MTTF) of over 200,000 hours, ICS operational reliability is unmatched.
All ICS models incorporate AVC™ (Active Vibration Cancellation) technology, and are designed to virtually eliminate vibrational and audible noise levels. This provides resolution performance comparable to LN2
cooled systems in all operational orientations, making it the choice for customers seeking premium resolution and versatility in a vast array of HPGe applications.
- Commercial, Government and Environmental Labs – The ICS is a superb choice due to no compromise of resolution performance and low audible noise. There is no requirement for refilling the LN2 on a regular basis, providing increased cost savings, detector availability, and minimizing work hazard.
- Nuclear Power and Industrial Plants – The ICS provides an advantage in deployments where power failures are frequent. The hardened cryostat increases detector availability by eliminating the need for thermal cycling and reduces equipment down time. With no need for regular maintenance and LN2 filling, personnel spend less time in radiation “hot” zones. The compact size of the ICS allows easy installation into new or existing counting setups
- Research and Education – Similar to Lab applications, the ICS is an excellent choice due to no compromise of resolution performance and low audible noise. No need for LN2 gives the ICS a low cost of ownership.
- Waste Management and Field Remediation – Hardened cryostat version makes the ICS an excellent choice for applications requiring maximum “up time”. PopTop cryostat version allows field upgrades/replacements of existing detectors.
- Health Physics – Low heat generation, low audible noise and no compromise on resolution performance give the ICS an edge for HPGe systems in the field of health physics, whether as an upgrade or as a new HPGe system.
- Homeland Security and Safeguards – The ICS is an unmatched solution in these applications due to a combination of unique features: the hardened cryostat which eliminates the need to fully thermal cycle the detector in the event of a partial warm-up or PopTop cryostat which allows field replacements/upgrades, low power consumption and the use of a universal power supply.