3rd Generation Liquid-Nitrogen-Free Cooling for Counting Laboratory Germanium Radiation Detectors
- Saves labor and expense in comparison to traditional LN2 cooling: eliminates safety risk in handling of liquid cryogens.
- Separate cooler and compressor with flexible umbilical makes for easy installation in most existing shields.
- New design, maintenance-free, all-attitude cold head.
- Pop-Top™ flexibility: compatible with all ORTEC HPGe radiation detector types.
- 100% compatible replacement for all previous X-COOLER models.
- Near silent operation (<60 dB audible noise at 1 meter).
- Low power consumption (< 400 Watt in operation).
X-COOLER III from ORTEC represents the third generation of X-COOLER products; solutions which eliminate the need for liquid nitrogen for the cooling of HPGe radiation detectors installed in counting laboratories and similar environments.