Manual Counting Systems
ORTEC offers a full suite of MANUAL alpha/beta counters incorporating either gas-flow proportional detector or dual-phosphor scintillation detector technologies. These manual, single detector systems are ideally suited for applications requiring long count times for a small number of samples.
Automatic Counting Systems
ORTEC offers an extensive lineup of AUTOMATIC alpha/beta counters incorporating either gas-flow proportional detector or dual-phosphor scintillation detector technologies. These automatic systems are ideally suited for applications requiring relatively short counting times for a large number of samples.
- 2" automatic counting systems for air filter and swipe counting (WPC-1050)
- 5" automatic systems for large area air filters (WPC-1150-GFW-3 and WPC-1150-GFW-5)
- Windowless counting systems for highest alpha efficiency counting for low detection limits AND shorter counting times (IPC-650 and IPC-650-HP)
ORTEC offers a superior alpha/beta counting system for customers seeking premium performance in a multi-detector, high throughput, high sensitivity system. The Multi-Detector System (MDS) is a third-generation, multi-detector, low-background system for low-level background alpha and beta counting. The MDS series can be configured to accommodate 4, 8, 12, or 16 detectors to facilitate customer specific sample volume and throughput rate requirements.
- Independent sample drawers and sampled detectors
- GasPRO™ Flow Sensing
- Full system access and modularity for ease-of-use and configurability
Several accessories and add-on products are available for ORTEC alpha/beta counters, including:
- Planchets in 1/8", 1/4", and 5/16" depths
- Stainless steel and Aluminum planchet carriers (fit the round planchets and the NFS/RPS rectangular samples)
- Extra control (protocol) and QC plates
- Extra sample stacks (for remote loading) for the WPC-1050
- 100 Sample stack option for the WPC-1050